Need some serious inspo for your summer playlist? You’re in luck – Sunset Sessions has returned to Cockatoo Island just in time for the hotter months!
Every Saturday evening, from 10 November 2018 to 16 February 2019, home-grown musical heroes will take to our stage on Biloela Lawn to perfrom original acoustic tunes.
Set against the breathtaking backdrop of Sydney Harbour, with food and refreshments available for purchase from the Marina Café & Bar (see below), Sunset Sessions offers the ideal escape this summer.
The popular live music event is presented by the Harbour Trust with programming by Sydney’s premiere underground music venue, 505.
Location: Biloela Lawn, Upper Island
Dates/times: 5pm to 7pm, every Saturday, 10 Nov 2018 to 16 Feb 2019 (except 22 and 29 Dec & 26 Jan)
Tickets: $25 per adult; free for children 12 and under. Note: It is essential to book tickets online.
Discount: Accommodation/campground guests are eligible for $15 tickets.*
*Sunset Sessions tickets are discounted for accommodation or campground guests who have already purchased accommodation for that night. Proof of purchase will be required on check-in.
Courtesy of the island’s Marina Café & Bar, patrons will enjoy access to a Connoisseur Ice Cream cart, a mobile bar with on-tap refreshments from Malt Shovel, Byron Bay Brewery and Accolade Wines; and delicious food including a house-made Charcuterie board, a Chef’s Salad, lavosh with dip and other snacks.
Cockatoo Island is accessible by public ferry (F3 Parramatta Service). Travellers will need to purchase an opal card or a single ticket before departing for Cockatoo Island. Please note travel costs are not included with the performance ticket.
For more information on ferry tickets and timetables, go to transportnsw.info
Sunset Sessions is an outdoor event and is occasionally subject to adverse weather. The event will run wherever possible, and is not cancelled for light/intermittent/potential rain. We strongly recommend customers bring jackets to performances in case of rain (note the use of umbrellas during performances is not permitted as it obstructs the view of other audience members). Performances will be cancelled only if the weather poses a safety threat to patrons and staff. The decision to cancel a performance is made by the Harbour Trust Rangers, and will be made by 10am on the day of the event.
Patrons accept the risk that weather they consider unsatisfactory may occur on a performance night and acknowledge that tickets will not be refunded unless a session is officially cancelled by the Harbour Trust. Should the session be cancelled by the Harbour Trust due to adverse weather, a full refund (less booking fees) will be issued to the purchase holder. When a session is cancelled, customers will receive an email and SMS from Outix advising ticket holders of the cancellation.
- We recommend you come prepared with wet weather gear and sun protection.
- As seating will not will be provided, we recommend bringing along a picnic blanket and collapsible chair/s.
- Food & Beverage will be available to purchase during Sunset Sessions from the Marina Cafe & Bar.
- Alcohol may not be brought onto the island. Alcohol may only be purchased on the island from one of our licensed premises. All alcohol must be consumed in the Sunset Sessions licensed area. Those that are deemed by us to be intoxicated or are disrupting the performances will be asked to leave and will not be issued a refund.
- All persons under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children 12 and under are FREE.
- Smoking is not permitted during the performances.
- Tickets are non-refundable, transfers can be made up to seven (7) days prior to the event date.
For more information, please contact our Box Office line on 1800 068 849.